Biotech Science and Technology
By Paul Diehl, About.com Guide
New discoveries and developments related to biotech in biology, medicine, chemistry, genetics, cell biology, and proteomics.
- From Looking at the Parts of a System to a System of Parts
- LC/MS Enabling Advances in Proteomic Analysis
- What Does Our Individual DNA Actually Tell Us?
- A Little Variation Makes All the Difference in Human Genetics
- The Origins of the Chicken
- Non-Coding RNA Has Changed the Definition of a Gene
- Eric Karsenti Talks About Oceans Expedition to Survey Global Marine Life
- What Are GMOs and How Are They Made?
- Hallmarks of Cancer
Areas of Research Focus
What research areas are biotechnology and biomedical investigators focusing on?
- Diabetes Cure for the Dogs
- How Does Restricting Calories Delay Aging?
- Researchers Working on Controversial Germ-Line Gene Therapy
- Human Trials Using Stem Cells to Treat a Genetic Nerve Disease
- Nanoparticles Minimize Traumatic Brain Injury Damage
- Researchers Make Progress to Simple Blood Test for Alzheimer's
- Zoloft and Prozac Have Antimicrobial Activities
Methods, approaches, and techniques used in biotechnology and biomedicine.
- Testing Cancer Treatments on an Avatar
- Access Your Genetic Profile on Your Smart Phone
- Using Self-Destructing Bacteria to Carry a Vaccine
- Closing In on a Universal Flu Vaccine