A list of ten benefits to having your company go through the registration process for ISO certification
for ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management Standards (QMS) is provided here. Once you have decided that ISO QMS certification is right for your company, you will be ready to read up on how to get ISO certified
and start preparing your documentation.
1. Increased EfficiencyCompanies that go through the ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management Standards certification process have given a lot of thought to their processes and how to maximize quality and efficiency. Once certified for QMS, the processes are established and guidelines in place for anyone to follow easily, making training, transitions, and trouble-shooting easier.
2. Increased RevenueStudies have shown that ISO QMS certified companies experience increased productivity and improved financial performance, compared to uncertified companies.
3. Employee MoraleDefined roles and responsibilities, accountability of management, established training systems and a clear picture of how their roles affect quality and the overall success of the company, all contribute to more satisfied and motivated staff.
4. International RecognitionThe International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is recognized worldwide as the authority on quality management.
5. Factual Approach to Decision MakingThe ISO 9001:2000 QMS standard sets out clear instructions for audits and process reviews that facilitate information gathering and decision making based on the data.
6. Supplier RelationshipsMutually beneficial supplier relationships are one of the key attractions to ISO certification. Following the processes for documentation and testing ensure quality raw materials go into your production system. The process also requires thorough evaluation of new suppliers before a change is made and/or consistency with respect to how and where orders are placed.
7. DocumentationThe ISO QMS standard requires documentation of all processes and any changes, errors and discrepancies. This ensures consistency throughout production and accountability of all staff. This also guarantees traceable records are available in case of non-compliant products or raw materials.
One of the foundations of ISO; All processes from research and development, to production, to shipping, are defined, outlined and documented, minimizing room for error. Even the process of making changes to a process is documented, ensuring that changes are well planned and implemented in the best possible way to maximize efficiency. Recommendations in the biotech industry to use XML authoring
or similar software formatting for data collection, reports, and product labelling, minimizes the risk of obsolete documents/labels being mistakenly used.
9. Customer SatifactionClient confidence is gained because of the universal acceptance of the ISO standards. Customer satisfaction is ensured because of the benefits of ISO 9001:2000 QMS to company efficiency, consistency and dedication to quality service.
10. Improvement ProcessesThe ISO 9001:2000 QMS outlines audit processes, management review and improvement processes based on collected data. Improvements are carefully planned and implemented based on facts, using a system of documentation and analysis, to ensure the best decisions are made for your company.