Social and Regulatory
By Paul Diehl, About.com Guide
Government Programs and Policies
Discussion of government-related policies and programs that affect biotech and biomedical companies.
- Researchers Rally for Medical Research in Washington
- Japan Increases Support for Science Research; US May Pull Back
- Indian Generics Case Worries Humanitarian Agencies
- What's the FDA’s Concern with Direct-to-Customer Genetic Analysis?
- Euro Food Safety Authority Discounts Séralini Study that GMO Corn Caused Tumors
- 6 Ways the Affordable Care Act Impacts Biotech
- Expediting FDA Approval of Biosimilars
- Possible Release of Genetically Engineered Mosquitoes in the Florida Keys
Ethical and Legal Issues with Biotechnology
Discussion of legal decisions and ethical issues affecting researchers and companies in the biotech and biomedical industries.
- What Effect Will the Myriad Ruling Have on Biotech?
- SCOTUS Hears Arguments on Patenting Human Genes
- Novartis Loses Its Case to Stop Sale of Generic Gleevec in India
- SCOTUS Hears Monsanto Suit against Farmer's GMO Soybeans
- Stem Cell Therapy Clinic Flees to Mexico to Avoid FDA
- Incomplete Consent in the NIH Stem Cell Registry
- Addressing Malnutrition on a Global Scale with GM Rice
- Can Companies Own Human Genes? DNA Patents.
- Swine Flu Vaccine Link to Narcolepsy Concerns European Authorities
- Three Chinese Officials Fired in Scandal over GM Rice Study
- Lawsuit to Block Stemcell Funding Is Over
- How Reliable Is Published Biomedical Research?
- Researchers Working on Controversial Germ-Line Gene Therapy
- Should GMO Foods Be Labeled?
- Are Patent Fights Hindering Prenatal Genetic Tests Using Maternal Blood?