Social and Regulatory Issue Related to Biotechnology
By Paul Diehl
Government Programs and Policies Affecting Biotech
Discussion of government-related policies and programs that affect biotech and biomedical companies.
- NIH SBIR and STTR Grants Provide Seed Funding for Biotech Innovation
- What's Involved in Technology Transfer?
- $10 Million Project to Target the Ras Cancer Gene
- Genes Can't Be Patented--Implications of the Myriad Decision
- FDA Authorizes Emergency Use of MERS Diagnostic Assay
- Researchers Rally for Medical Research in Washington
- Guidance on Health-Related Incidental Findings from Genetic Analysis
- Japan Increases Support for Science Research; US May Pull Back
- Indian Generics Case Worries Humanitarian Agencies
- What's the FDA’s Concern with Direct-to-Customer Genetic Analysis?
- Euro Food Safety Authority Discounts Séralini Study that GMO Corn Caused Tumors
- 6 Ways the Affordable Care Act Impacts Biotech
Ethical and Legal Issues with Biotechnology
Discussion of legal decisions and ethical issues affecting researchers and companies in the biotech and biomedical industries.
- Making Biomedical Research Credible Again
- Vandalism of Golden Rice GMO Trials
- Researchers Clone a Human Embryo, Finally!
- Leading Researchers Emphasize Need to Regulate Stem Cell Therapy
- What Effect Will the Myriad Ruling Have on Biotech?
- Indiana Farmer Vernon Bowman Loses Lawsuit to Monsanto
- Novartis Loses Its Case to Stop Sale of Generic Gleevec in India
- Stem Cell Therapy Clinic Flees to Mexico to Avoid FDA
- Swine Flu Vaccine Link to Narcolepsy Concerns European Authorities
- Three Chinese Officials Fired in Scandal over GM Rice Study
- How Reliable Is Published Biomedical Research?
- Researchers Working on Controversial Germ-Line Gene Therapy
- Should GMO Foods Be Labeled?
- Are Patent Fights Hindering Prenatal Genetic Tests Using Maternal Blood?